History of Cardinal Mooney Catholic High School
A Co-educational Catholic high school named after Cardinal Edward Aloysius Mooney (May 9, 1882 – October 25, 1958). He was an American Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church. He served as Archbishop of Detroit from 1937 until his death, as Archbishop of Detroit, he was the first to be a member of the College of Cardinals.
Cardinal Mooney Catholic High School was founded in 1977, the school was originally affiliated with the St. Peter's Parish in Mt. Clemens, MI. In 1983, the school relocated from its location behind St. Louis Parish, moving into a former public Middle School building near Crocker Road (Reimold), just north of Metropolitan Parkway, in Harrison Twp., MI. The school moved to its current location in 1990 and expanded with an addition in 2009. Cardinal Mooney Catholic High School is dedicated to educating students of all faiths in a Catholic, Christ-centered environment.